Saturday, August 22, 2009

Long Long Weekend.....Part 2

I just realized this isn't long weekend part two, but Weekend Two....

Folks, it's been a fucking long week.

On Saturday (last Saturday) the kids whined and wanted to go outside instead of napping, but I couldn't take them down. Finally sometime after this, I called Hubcap and asked him to help me. He kept saying, "what do you want me to do about it"? Over and over, and I kept hanging up on him after telling him I was so sick, I couldn't feed the kids, and I couldn't deal with him. He then reminded me I was sick last week (like I was only allowed it once) and that I was "making him feel guilty". I hung up again, the next few times he called, I just didn't answer the phone.

Finally about 30 minutes later, he called back and said, "get the kids ready, I'm taking them tonight" I told him I'd "try" to get them ready, but by the time he got here, I had managed nothing, so he did it all. I showed him the rash that had begun to form on my leg and he said, that looks "bad" and left me alone and took the kids. I then went back upstairs with water, the phone and my laptop and laid down on the bed. At this point, I still had a fever of 104, and realized I was so out of it, I couldn't even get myself the water bottle lying on the other side of the bed with me. The TV was on HSN and the remote was next to me, and I didn't have the energy to change it. About then, I puked all the water I had drunk when I went to the bathroom and went into dry heaves. I couldn't drink anymore water, or I'd throw up, so I crawled back in bed after barely wiping it all up with toilet paper and went to sleep....the fever crept back up and I didn't move for hours. I was pretty scared but didn't really know what to do since I couldn't move.

Finally on Sunday morning the fever broke and I started feeling better. So I started nibbling otter pops one at a time, and sipping luke warm water, and it all stayed down. I had horrid diarrhea all weekend ( I know TMI) and the fluids started it up again, but I kept on going. By the time Prince Charming brought the kids back to me, I was feeling a bit better and put a frozen lasagna in the oven since it was all I had to cook for them for lunch. We all ate a little and I started feeling quite a bit better, so I bundled them all up and took them to Walmart because I was afraid if I didn't I'd be sorry. I am really glad I did even though it probably wasn't the best thing to do.

I went to work on Monday Morning, got my work done and clock watched the rest of the day, and then went to Urgent Care as soon as I got off work. They took one look at me and sent me to ER. They had to stick me 5 times before they got the IV in, and took so much blood I can't even count. The nurses in the ER are still as bumbling as they were when I took Little Miss in when she was 18 months. I pretty much broke down in tears when the ultrasound guy came to do the US on my leg to check for clots. He was very sweet, but because the infection was so deep and I was in so much pain, it hurt so bad I was sobbing. I think being alone made me sob, being in trouble at work for missing work, knowing I'd be missing a boat load again made me sob, and it made me sob because Hubcap had been such an ass.

That is where the Doc told me I had Cellulitus and that they were going to admit me. I asked him for how long, and he said, at least 3 days....That's when I called Hubcap to tell him. I think he realized at that point what an ass he'd been and how sick I really was. I haven't forgiven him at all, but he did earn some brownie points by stepping it up the rest of the week and keeping the kids.

It was just a bad week. Tuesday and most of Wednesday sucked, I was in so much pain they were giving me 4 Oxycontin pills every 3 hours. Finally Wednesday afternoon the pain started to abate and they started me on Aleve.

The actual hospital stay was in the new wing, and the room was super nice. With the door shut, it was very quiet. The bed was super comfortable and there was a big flat-screen TV. Even the food was good, once I was eating. I think I went for nearly five or six days with hardly any food, and I'm sure I've gained weight as my left leg is nearly twice the size of my right. There is still an angry red rash with blisters covering my entire calf, and a rash that is less red, but still painful going up to my groin.

I'm going to be off work until after the 1st on FLMA. I'm relieved to have a break. Hubcap is taking the kids to CA on the 29th, so even the next ten days I will have a break as well because I'll be able to come home and just deal with myself.

I thought I was doing pretty well over the divorce/move/getting the house ready, but my body just told me otherwise this week.

I managed to clean my house today, which felt good because it was a mess, but on the other hand my leg swelled right back up, so I’m not sure how much progress I really made.

So there you go. Thanks for the well wishes and keep them coming, even though I'm home, this is far from over.



Avril Fleur said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so badly but I'm glad that you're starting to feel better. You obviously need the break from work and to take some me-time to focus on your well-being. And you're not going to be any good to anyone else until you feel good yourself. Sending healthy vibes your way...

Camlin said...

Sending you lots of love and hugs! And leave the housecleaning for a bit - you need some down time to get better.

Hubcap should be sorry after that!

CJ said...

You cleaned today? You are feeling well enough to do something like that? Please make sure you are not pushing yourself too hard too soon. Take care of yourself ok? And I hope you can get some rest this week. So relieved you are starting to feel better :) but so sorry you had to go through all of that.

C said...

oh honey, you poor lil thing you have been through so much. i wish i were a neighbor, i would pamper you.


cellulitis is no joke, please take care of your leg and do what they tell you to do.

i hope you feel better ASAP.


Rebecca said...

Wow, I really have been not reading now haven't I? I am sorry Monica....Do feel better.